As many of you may know (especially if you’re here from Twitter), the announcements for AUTHOR MENTOR MATCH have been made, and, uh…MY NAME WAS ON THE LIST OF MENTEES. I know. It’s nearly been a week since then and I can’t believe it either.
It’s been a surreal few days, to say the least.
I didn’t think I’d get in, for one. For the other, I got in, and now it’s…a lot. It’s so much!
But that’s not what this post is about. This post is a little intro to me, your local writer who may or may not be a witch.
First of all.
I’m Lex. I’m 26 years old. My birthday is in June. I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember and didn’t take it too seriously until I read Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. Which was…a long time ago. 2008, I think.
I’ve been writing since then.
Here’s some other stuff about me:
- I’m a YA librarian!
- Some of my favorite books: Jane Eyre, Jade City by Fonda Lee, Wicked Fox by Kat Cho, The Poppy War by RF Kuang, The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw, the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead, The Great Gatsby, and the Shadow and Bone series by Leigh Bardugo.
- I love Asian dramas and Asian pop. Korean and Chinese dramas/music are my jam.
- Almost all of my books have a wolfy character in them. Or, in Wolf’s case, your name is literally Wolf
- Opposites attract is one of my favorite romantic tropes of ALL TIME. OF ALL TIME!!
- I’m a big fan of Old Hollywood, especially films from the 40s and 50s.
- That being said, film noir tropes appear a lot in my writing.
- Some of my favorite movies include: The Big Sleep, Casablanca, A Streetcar Named Desire, Bringing Up Baby, The Crow, Ginger Snaps, Pacific Rim, Parasite, Raise the Red Lantern, Gilda, The Princess Diaries, Shin Godzilla, and Crazy Rich Asians.
- I’ve been into video games for as long as I’ve been into writing. Some of my favorites are The Mass Effect series, the Dragon Age series, The Witcher series, various otome games, The Wolf Among Us, LA Noire, the Bioshock series, Persona 5, and Final Fantasy XV+VII.
- I will listen to literally anything. K-pop, C-pop, swing music from the 40s, jazz–anything. If I like it, I like it!
- There’s nothing I love more than a cup of coffee and a delicious pastry.
- My writing is very inspired by anime and video games, especially Full Metal Alchemist and Japanese RPGs.
- My Chemical Romance is one of the best bands of ALL TIME.
- I love vampires and werewolves and can’t wait for them to make their comeback in YA
Aaand I think that’s enough for now. Hopefully this gives you all a better understanding of who I am as a writer and a person! Don’t be afraid. I don’t bite. 🙂